AAT Level 2 Bookkeeping Course Objectives
The aim of this qualification is to develop your understanding of the bookkeeping principles to advance your career in finance. In particular how to execute the principles of double entry bookkeeping and understanding journals, control accounts and a trial balance.
Buy this course on INTEREST FREE CREDIT FROM £37 per month. Contact our office for details on email@example.com or call 0207 248 8987. Online Applications for Interest Free Credit can be made by going to our booking page CLICKING HERE.
Dates and Duration:
This course can be taken over 10 weeks part-time in the evening, between 6pm and 8pm.
This course can also be taken full-time over 5 days Monday to Friday, between 10:30am and 4pm.
The intermediate level will suit you if:
- You’ve completed the introductory bookkeeping level and want to build on your skills
- You’re already working in finance and you want an industry-recognised qualification
- You’d like to work in bookkeeping with a large finance department or as an independent professional
- You run your own business and you’d prefer to do your own bookkeeping
What is covered in the course
Processing bookkeeping transactions
- Understanding double-entry bookkeeping, integrating books of prime entry and describing coding system functions
- Understanding discounts and settlement, trade and bulk discount differences
- Preparing and processing customer and supplier invoices and credit notes
- Totalling and balancing a 3-column analysed cash book
- Totalling, balancing and reconciling petty cash records within an analysed petty cash book
- Processing ledger transactions and extracting a trial balance
Control accounts, journals and the banking system
- Understanding the purpose and use of control accounts and journals
- Maintaining and using control accounts and the journal
- Reconciling a bank statement with the cash book
- Understanding the banking process and main services of banks and building societies
- Understanding requirements of retention and storage relating to banking documents
Benefits of studying this AAT qualification
- Specialised transferable and recognisable career-boosting skills
- Expertise to start a healthy business and become a professional bookkeeper
- Clear progression to your choice of great careers
- Industry-recognised qualification
- Flexible computer-based assessments
- Stepping stone to further studies in Bookkeeping, Computerised Accounting and the AAT Accounting Qualification