CPD Accredited Bookkeeping Course
This course is accredited by the CPD. The Continuing Professional Development Institute is recognised by many professional bodies, including the Accountancy bodies. It accredits courses that have a high quality of learning and the development of career skills.
To ensure that the participant gains a strong comprehension of the introductory elements of finance, bookkeeping and the ability to use double-entry accounting in work simulated examples.
A tutor-led virtual classroom course that is held over two days, with an assessment, which can be taken at a later date if more revision and practical exercises are needed. The trainer is an experienced Financial professional and trainer.
Financial Documentation and making basic accounts entries:
- The completion of financial documents such as invoices and credit notes
- The recording of cash and credit transactions and practical explanation of the double-entry system.
- Posting of ledgers and relevance of T accounts
- The preparing and balancing of a bank reconciliation
- What is Petty Cash
An Introduction to High-Level Accountancy
- Making adjustments to the ledger for accruals, prepayments and closing stock etc.
- What are journals?
The Trial Balance
- How to prepare a trial balance by making entries to the financial system
- Creating an extended TB with any additional journals
Balance Sheet and P&L: The Financial Statements
- How to use the Trial Balance to create a simple Profit & Loss and Balance sheet
Benefits of taking the course
- The course delivers an excellent introduction to the principles of finance and bookkeeping
- It acts as a great foundation for further study or a sound grounding to start working in an accounts/finance department
- It is beneficial to existing staff in a finance department, as it helps to develop a better comprehension of finance so that they are able to problem solves and correct errors in their daily role, rather than being limited to following procedure notes
- It is a great foundation for pursuing an education and career in a higher level of finance
Dates and Duration
A 2-day course that runs from 10:30 to 16:30.
The course can suit a variety of students who are looking to develop knowledge in Accounting and Bookkeeping. It is beginner level, so prior knowledge is not required.
Successful completion of the course and assessment will result in CPD Certification. This will give you a recognised and well-reputed qualification to broaden your career options.