Budget Course Schedule
The course runs from 10:30 to 16:30 for one day.
The course has been designed by a Chartered Accountant and Financial Analysts.
It is delivered in a workshop environment that is interactive and encourages learning through practical exercises.
The course is ideal for anyone who is working with Budgets and has no formal training in the field.
Budgeting Course Content
- Define a budget
- Cost budgets
- Financial Terminologies
- Define each element: Income vs expenditure, capital expenditure, cash flow forecasts etc.
- Developing budgets for profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow
- The principles of budgets
- What are the benefits of a good budget practice
- Different types of budgets and varying styles
- Practical exercise defining and preparing profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow
- Coordinating and bringing your budget together
- Planning and preparation of your budget
- Accounting adjustments to be aware of; stock, accruals, prepayments etc.
- Ascertain expenditure and variances
- Explaining variances
- How to forecast cash-flow
- Cash flow and working capital cycles
- Profit margin ratios
- How to forecast financing cost
- Justifying your business reason for the budget
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is ideal for someone whose job involves or will involve managing a budget.
It does not assume a background in Finance, so people from outside of Finance and people who work in Finance can both find this course beneficial.